Elena’s Nature Collection Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales which is part of the Elena’s Nature Collection group of companies (collectively referred to as “Elena’s Nature Collection”, “we” or “us” in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Elena’s Nature Collection, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Elena’s Nature Collection is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Elena’s Nature Collection (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable Elena’s Nature Collection to manage customer service interactions with you; and
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Elena’s Nature Collection only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Elena’s Nature Collection and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Elena’s Nature Collection will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Elena’s Nature Collection may collect the following information about you:
– your name, age/date of birth and gender;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your on-line browsing activities on the Elena’s Nature Collection website;
– your password(s);
– when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with Elena’s Nature Collection; and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our website, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Elena’s Nature Collection is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data;
– latest online security software
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Elena’s Nature Collection will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Elena’s Nature Collection asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Elena’s Nature Collection and more generally: –
– keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
– when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
– avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
– the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us
Legal basis for Elena’s Nature Collection processing customer personal data
Elena’s Nature Collection collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
– the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
– complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Elena’s Nature Collection, including:-
– selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
– promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
– sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
– understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– managing insurance claims by customers;
– protecting Elena’s Nature Collection, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Elena’s Nature Collection;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Elena’s Nature Collection; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
– Elena’s Nature Collection, or on behalf of Elena’s Nature Collection, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Elena’s Nature Collection to market to you
3. To enable Elena’s Nature Collection to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.