Eczema is a condition that causes the skin to become itchy, red, dry and cracked. In most people it is a long-term (chronic) condition, although it can improve over time. It is usually more common in children, but can develop in later years, and though the exact causes are unknown, it’s not down to one single thing.
Atopic eczema, also known as atopic dermatitis, is the most common form of eczema. Atopic means a sensitivity to Allergens, and can run in families – often there are cases of asthma or hay fever in the family.
Atopic eczema can affect any part of the body. This includes sensitive spots, such as around the mouth, nose, eyes, or hands, the scalp, but more commonly, the backs of the knees and creases of the elbows.
Certain foods or substances can also trigger the symptoms of Atopic eczema. Dairy products for example, and products containing harsh chemicals such as SLS (soaps/shampoos).
How do we treat Atopic eczema?
There is currently no cure for atopic eczema, but natural eczema treatment can help relieve the symptoms and thankfully most children do grow out of it. The secret is to keep it under control in the mean time which helps maintain their self-esteem and reduces the impact on other members of the family.
A lot of different treatments, both conventional and complementary, can be used to control symptoms and manage eczema. An alternative to steroid creams and emollients are natural, chemical-free moisturisers, washes and oils, containing essential oils that stimulate skin’s own healing process.
At Elena’s Nature Collection we produce a range of skincare products produced from natural and organic ingredients which are carefully sourced and chosen for their individual therapeutic properties. All products are safe and suitable for people who may be prone to eczema or psoriasis. By using a suggested routine, 85% of clients claim success in keeping their skin under control.
Recommended Routine for Successful Natural Eczema Treatment
1. Trinity all in one Soap and Shampoo
- Helps reduce the itch, is soothing and cleansing, apply to the skin, leave on for 5-30 minutes, the longer the better!
- (Designate an old tee shirt or dressing gown).
- Shower off and towel dry (bathing makes the skin dry, red, hot and itchy).
2. Ultimate Body Oil
- Apply to lubricate the skin after washing with the Trinity Soap.
- There are no barrier ingredients such as paraffin, petroleum or lanolin in Trinity Soap, so it’s important to nourish the skin with a blend of oils to reduce dryness.
- Towel dry then apply the oil directly on all areas.
- Can be used several times a day if the skin is very dry.
3. Day Cream Special and Night Cream Extra are formulated to feed the skin with vital nourishment day and night.
- Use in place of your usual moisturisers
4. Eureka Cream
- A substantial product to help the skin in times of trouble; for flare-ups and isolated patches, a first-aider. Ideal for older skin, and during the cold winter months.
All of the above products are available to buy online at Elena’s Nature Collection
Good luck and do let us know if you need any further information or advice on treating eczema naturally.